This vacation is a very meaningful one. I experience something different. First time leave home for 2 weeks. Through these 2 weeks, I learnt to be more independent and feels stronger physically and mentally.
First stepping into the hotel room of where I will be staying for 2 weeks, I'm glad that it's in a operating mode, and didn't reflect what i thought it will be. The greatest news that I heard from Pricillas will be that we be living on the second level of the Dong A Hotel; room 105. There are no lift provided and the hotel goes up to around 6 storeys high. Anyway, I feel that it’s a cozy hotel. If I ever have the chance to go back to Vietnam; Ho Chi Minh, I will want to go back to stay. Accommodation in Ho Chi Minh is economical; there are numbers of Motel along the street I live in. I saw one USD12 per night, which is around SGD18. Ideal place to backpack in future especially after all these experiences i had.
I guess I enjoy bargaining a lot, i treated it as an entertainment. It's fun looking at people bargaining and bargaining myself, and the sense of achievement after getting the ideal price. The price offered by the vendors are hijacked so high that you must 敢敢 bargain. E.g. a polo tee can be offered at a price of around SGD15, in fact you can close the deal at around SGD4. However I enjoy the food the most. The food is cheap and licking finger good. :D
Anyway, the main objectives to be in Vietnam will be helping the Thien Phouc Home. Thus, I’m going to touch on it more, each assignment lasts for three days. My group is given the assignment of take caring the children undergoing physiotherapy. Some of us started twisting and exercising their limbs. Second job is playing with the children and teaching English to those children with higher ability in learning and helping the children organizing the jigsaw puzzle. Even though the jigsaw puzzle are only 20 pieces, completing it still have a sense of achievement in it. We sang with them. It’s a more difficult job to me, as I’m quite loss in what to do. The range of playing is too wide. The final assignment is painting and touching up whatever is required. Painting is not an easy job but scarping and sanding the wall is a tougher one. I’m almost choked to death by the dust caused by scarping and sanding the wall.
Nevertheless, I should say about the trip to Nha Trang the famous seaside resort in Vietnam. It’s fun to be there. First time I went snorkeling, very excited. I forgo the chance of parachuting behind the speed boat as I feel that it’s quite expensive, I’m on tight budget. Few friends of mine tried it; I bet it is thrilling doing it.
In the course of this trip, I know many new ones. The previous impression of what I have towards certain people had also been changed; also I get the chance of knowing some people more in-depth. I believe my characters had also been mould. I’m thankful of having this chance of going Vietnam and also as a SL. There might be lesser freedom and more jobs to do, but at least I gain experience. A sentence that I quite agree with: No pain, no gain.
人经过磨练才能够成长。
*Smilez
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment